Wednesday, January 1, 2020

A2 GROUP. PRACTICE

  1. 1. Complete with the present simple or the present continuous :
  2. Andy sometimes  comics. (to read)
  3. We never  TV in the morning. (to watch)
  4. Listen! Sandy  in the bathroom. (to sing)
  5. My sister usually  in the kitchen. (to help)
  6. My mother  breakfast now. (to make)
  7. They often  the bathroom. (to clean)
  8. Look! The boys  home. (to come)
  9. Every day his grandfather  for a walk. (to go)
  10.  with my friend at the moment. (to chat)
  11. Cats  mice. (to eat)
2. A few or A little?  


  1.  sugar
  2.  time
  3.  houses
  4.  cheese
  5.  cars
  6.  money
  7.  children
  8.  girls
  9.  coffee
  10.  hobbies
3.  put - Some or Any?
  1. We need  bananas.
  2. You can't buy  posters in this shop.
  3. We haven't got  oranges at the moment.
  4. Peter has bought  new books.
  5. She always takes  sugar with her coffee.
  6. I have seen  nice postcards in this souvenir shop.
  7. There aren't  folders in my bag.
  8. I have  magazines for you.
  9. There are  apples on the table.
  10. Pam does not have  pencils on her desk.
4. Choose correct quantifiers: Many, Much, Lots of, A few , A little , Any, Some, A lot, most

  1. They have had  homework in mathematics .
  2. How  time do you need to finish the work?
  3. There are too  students in the library.
  4. Have you visited  foreign countries?
  5. Although he's very ill, he didn't take  medicine.
  6.  people know as much about linguistics as John does.
  7. They say  knowledge is a dangerous thing.
  8. He's having   of trouble passing his driving test.
  9. I spend  of my time reading novels.
  10. He knows  English. He knows enough English to speak.
5. Use the past simple

  1.  my maths homework yesterday. (to do)
  2.  Susan  to England by plane? (to go)
  3. They  a farm two weeks ago. (to visit)
  4. Jenny and Peggy  their brother. (not/to help)
  5. The children  at home last weekend. (not/to be)
  6. When  you  this wonderful skirt? (to design)
  7. My mother  into the van. (not/to crash)
  8. The boys  the mudguards of their bicycles. (to take off)
  9.  you  your aunt last week? (to phone)
  10. He  milk at school. (not/to drink)
6. Use the past simple and the past continuous: 

1. While I  TV, the doorbell . (watch/ring)

2. Jack  his presentation when the fire alarm . (finish/start)

3. Just as I  my front door, a cat  inside. (open/run)

4. My mom  me while I  dinner. (telephone/eat)

5. While I  to work, I  an accident. (walk/witness)

6. When the mailman , I  my exercises. (come/do)

7. When I , my alarm clock . (wake up/ring)

8. Peter  me while I  on the train. (phone/sit)



No comments:

Post a Comment